The Acceptable Use Policy sets out the policies that customers must adhere to when connecting to and using the Kaniu service.
Before connecting to and using the Kaniu service you must agree to this non-exhaustive list of restrictions, as well as those set out in the Terms & Conditions. In the event of inappropriate use, Kaniu reserves the right to suspend or cancel your account.
Compliance with this agreement does not limit your personal obligation to comply with the law. You remain legally responsible at all times for your actions.
Kaniu reserves the right to modify the Acceptable Use Policy at any time.
1. Illegal use
The Kaniu network may be used only for lawful purposes. It may not be used – whether originating from your account, or through a third party which implicates your account – to transmit, distribute or store any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
Illegal uses include, without limitation, the following:
- Breaches of copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights
- Transmitting material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat or incites hatred
- The violation of export or import controls
- Fraudulent and deceptive practice
- Engaging in or fostering any consumer fraud such as illegal gambling, “Make Money Fast” schemes, chain letters, pyramid selling, or other illegal investment schems
- Making or encouraging people to accept fraudulent offers for products, items or services by e-mail or other means.
2. System and network security
Violations of system or network security are prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability. Internet Niue will investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve, and will cooperate with, law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:
- Unauthorised access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorisation of the owner of the system or network
- Unauthorised monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorisation of the owner of the system or network
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail-bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting
Sending unsolicited mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements, is explicitly prohibited. A user shall not use another site’s mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the site.
Posting the same or similar message to one or more newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting, also known as “SPAM”) is explicitly prohibited.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
CONNECTION & MAINTENANCE
Rocket Systems Limited connects customers to the Kaniu service, and maintains the Kaniu WiFi network.
Contact: Kaniu, Main Road, Utuko, Alofi, Niue; Tel: +683 5987;
For advice about the effective use of Kaniuservices, please email us.
Information regarding alleged breaches of copyright or intellectual property rights should be sent Kaniu.
Information regarding illegal use of the Kaniu service should be sent to Kaniu.
Complaints regarding the service provided by Kaniu should be sent to Kaniu.